|Titre de l'offre||a computer science researcher in visualization (m/f)|
|Description de l'offre||
The Centre de Recherche Public - Gabriel Lippmann, a fast growing public establishment for applied scientific research and technology transfer in Luxembourg, has an opening on a permanent contract basis for its "Informatics, Systems and Collaboration" Department (ISC) for :
a computer science researcher in visualization (m/f)
The overall mission of the ISC department is to use computer science to ease the understanding of complex big data coming from multiple and heterogeneous sources by primarily using visual representations accessed via any type of devices in various contexts of use.
Four complementary domains have been identified as highly strategic for the years to come: Information Visualization Approaches and Techniques, Visual Analytics, Data Provisioning Issues for Visualization Purposes and Model-Driven Visualization Software.
Research projects in the ISC department cover a complete scope from basic research (e.g. PhD theses) to applied research in cooperation with public or private partners.
Among others, the team has produced the visualization software called Calluna (see www.calluna.lu) illustrating its ability to imagine innovative concepts and to transform them into usable tools. Team members are coming from various countries and have complementary cultures, skills and hobbies, contributing to a dynamic, result-oriented and cooperative mind-set.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be working in an applied research team, requiring both scientific skills and the ability to contribute to applied projects with (non- academic) external partners. Tasks and duties include among others software design and development, data processing, tests, documentation, participation in the planning and implementation of experiments, writing of publications, conference participation etc…
The researcher is also expected to play an active role in the construction of the fast-growing team.
The candidate shall finally provide services internally and/or externally in the framework of cross-department projects or participate in public outreach activities.
- Candidates shall hold a PhD in Computer Sciences or Information Technology.
- Proven scientific and/or industrial experience in one of the four strategic fields mentioned above.
- From a technology perspective, candidates must have strong skills in software design and development. Ideal candidates should master Java language, related development tools as well as XML language and tools.
- Experience in web technologies, performance optimisation in big data context or mobile computing will be considered an asset.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to take initiative, prioritize and work under set timelines, as well as the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- The candidate must be fluent in English (scientific exchanges) and ideally also in French (administrative language), any additional language will be considered as an advantage.
Candidates interested in the above position can apply online. The application file should include a CV, a motivation letter, the names of two or three referees, a list of research projects and publications, and a copy of the last diploma.
For any question regarding our job offers or the application process, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliquez ici pour postuler depuis notre site