|Titre de l'offre||a project leader on microalgal biofuels (m/f)|
|Description de l'offre||
The Centre de Recherche Public - Gabriel Lippmann, a public establishment for applied scientific research and technology transfer, has an opening on a permanent contract basis for its department ‘Environment and agro-biotechnologies’ (EVA) for:
a project leader on microalgal biofuels (m/f)
Duties and responsibilities:
Through this new project leader position, the Department seeks to expand its expertise in the field of the valorization of biomass to the use of microalgae for bioenergy and other biocompound production, in an integrated biomass-biowaste-bioenergy-nutrient recycling concept.
The objective is to develop efficient technologies to make sustainable industrial production of biofuels and other products from microalgae economically viable. Microalgae will be used as a feedstock and via biorefinery approaches a combination of products will be developed, in particular lipids as a source of biofuels. In addition, the microalgal biomass will also be valorized as raw material for the chemical, food and pharmaceutical industry. The algal production system will be designed to capture CO2 from industrial origin or to remove nutrients (N and P) from waste.
- The potential candidate shall hold a Ph.D. in biology, genetics, cellular biology, microbiology, phycology, molecular biology or related fields, with a specialisation on microalgae,
- Demonstrated scientific experience with physiology, photosynthesis, or cellular metabolism of microalgae (please provide a list of publications),
- Being familiar with state-of-the-art molecular and systems biology techniques, such as transcriptomics, metagenomics, metabolomics, proteomics, bioinformatics,
- Our candidate shall have an interest to work on intra- and interdepartmental multidisciplinary projects, have excellent communication, organizational, flexibility and interpersonal skills with a mandatory team-spirit,
- Autonomy, creativity toward innovative research excellence with a sense of tackling random challenges, an aptitude for grant writing, project management, team leadership in an interdisciplinary research group represent a must,
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position in a R&D environment (public or private), with proven organizational skills and experience with fund-raising in national and/or European R&D funding,
- The candidate must be fluent in English (scientific exchanges), French (administrative language) is an advantage,
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work productively in a team environment are essential attributes, international experience and interest is desired.
For applying, the candidates should provide the following documents:
- a letter of motivation,
- a curriculum vitae including a list of research support and publications,
- the names and addresses of three references,
- a report:
· detailing the past and current research activities, the technologies applied, the results obtained,
· outlining the research visions for the group in relation with the scientific evolution of the domain and the societal needs,
· documenting the managerial experience (acquisition of new projects, administrative management of projects, leadership of a research team).
Candidates interested in the above position can apply online. The application file should include:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- the names of two or three referees
- a copy of the last diploma
- a list of publications and
- a summary of past scientific researches highlighting the main achievements.
For any question regarding our job offers or the application process, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliquez ici pour postuler depuis notre site